The objective of the meeting organised in Paris on the 26th March by Business France, Alliance Industry of the future and the French Embassy in Mexico was to share experience between the French Industry of the future initiative and the region of Nuevo León initiative 4.0 in Mexico.
Arts et Métiers were able to take part in the very fruitful discussions thanks to the different presentations :
- Alfred Rodriguez, Ambassador for the french Alliance dofr the industry of the future in Mexico and Philippe Richou, representative for the french Embassy in Monterrey, Mexico gave an overview of the meetings and the objectives.
- Mr. Guillermo Garza Garcia, Economic advisor at the Embassy of Mexico in France illustrated the large number of French companies based in Mexico, particularly in aerospace and aeronautics,
- Mr. Julien Tognola - Direction Général des Entreprises (DGE) at the French Ministry of Economy, gave an overview of the French governments pubic policy for the digitilisation of the French industry
- Mr. Jean Marie Danjou, President of « Alliance Industrie du Futur », presented the French initiative to accompany French industry to face the challenges of the industry of the future.
- Prof Laurent Champaney, President of Arts et Métiers presented how Arts et Métiers has adapted its academic programs to better prepare students for the challenges of industry of the future.
Laurent Champaney and Audrey Stewart, Director for International Development at Arts et Métiers participated at a cocktail reception by the Mexican Ambassador in France, his excellence Juan Manuel Gomez Robledo on the Monday 25th March 2019.
Many opportunities for future collaboration were discussed and Arts et Métiers is planning a visit to the Nuevo León region in Mexico later this year to continue the discussions.